Jon W Sports Injury (the Company) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. For the purpose of applicable data protection law, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from its entry into force on 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (together, DP Law), the Company is the data controller.
Our Privacy Notice explains what we do with any personal information which we collect from you, including when you use it and how it is shared. If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice, please contact us at the address on the Contact Us page of this site.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The Company collects your name, email address, phone number, date of birth and any relevant medical information in terms of current or previous medical condition or injury. Any information taken is deemed relevant and is taken to allow you to be provider the best possible medical care.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us, but we may also collect it where lawful to do so.
The Legal Process For Us Processing Your Data Under DP Law
- Processing for legitimate interests in your medical welfare. (“Legitimate Interests”),
- Processing which is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- Your consent may also be a lawful reason for processing your personal data in certain cases (“Your Consent”). This means your freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent which may be collected from you,
How Do We Use Your Personal Information
We have explained below the purposes for which we may use information about you. As with the section above, we have explained why we use your information with reference to the relevant legal basis. Presenting the information in this way will make it easier for you to understand your rights in relation to your personal information, and this is explained further below in the sections headed “Your rights to access your personal information” and “Your rights under DP Law”:
We may use your personal information for the following Legitimate interests:
- to respond and/or deal with your request, enquiry or “Live Chat” questions;
- to improve our products and services and to ensure that content from the websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled devices);
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you to discuss your care and medical condition.
- where necessary to share with other team members who may be involved in your care.
- to analyse trends and customer journeys in using and accessing our websites;
We may convert your personal data into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identifiable from that data. We may use this aggregated data to conduct market research and analysis, including to produce statistical research and reports. For example, we may produce reports on which of our services are most popular.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data
Your personal data will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill the specific purposes outlined by our legal requirements.
Does The Company Share The Personal Information With Third Parties
No we do not share your personal data with third parties unless you have provided full consent to do so and we believe it to be in your best interests.
We may wish to provide you with information about new services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you. This communication may occur by e-mail, telephone, or SMS. We will seek your consent for this where necessary under DP Law. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data and if you do not wish to consent then please do pay attention to the marketing consent check boxes.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. This means you can change your mind about receiving marketing communications from us when you have previously consented to this. You can opt-out of receiving such communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any email that we send to you or by emailing our Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Please note that marketing communications are not the same as “information only” communications and that consents are not usually required in order for us to communicate with you about the services you have enquired about or experienced and have signed up to obtain through the Websites, using contact details you have provided for this purpose.
Children Age 16 and Under
The Company recognizes the special obligation to protect personally identifiable information obtained from children age 16 and under. As a result the submitting of information will require the consent of parent or guardian.
Your rights to access your personal information
You have a number of other rights in respect of your personal information under applicable DP Law. These include the right to access or obtain copies of your personal information and to have inaccurate information about you corrected.
To exercise your right to access your personal data please write to our Customer Service Team at email@example.com
Your rights under DP Law
As well as the right to access the personal information we hold about you, you have a number of other rights in respect of your personal information under DP Law. These may include (as relevant):
- the right to access or obtain copies of your personal information that we hold (see above);
- the right to rectification, including to require us to correct inaccurate personal data;
- the right to request restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal data;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
- the right to data portability including to obtain personal data in a commonly used machine readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on your consent;
- the right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual; and
- where you have an option to provide us with your personal data or not in connection with your use of our website or in connection with any of our products or services, you have the right to be informed about the possible consequences of not giving it to us;
- the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent.
Please be aware that some of these rights will only become relevant when changes to DP Law come into force in May 2018.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise any of your rights explained above in relation to your personal information.
Please feel free to contact us at our Contact Us page